02 November, 2005

Good News!!!

Hi everyone it's Melissa, a few people said that I should make a post to the blog, so I decided I would. Life has been pretty good, but I have been very bored without a job. I turned in many applications but alas no interviews. So this one job I applied for was a part-time temporary job for 6 months. I said well its better than nothing. I applied and they sent me the normal "sorry you suck" letter. But on Monday night I got a phone call from this lady saying they had to redo the application process and even though we sent you the "you suck" letter we changed our mind and we want you in for an interview. I said what the heck, I have nothing else. My interview was today and I thought it went well. They gave me a computer test which was pretty easy. They said they would contact me by the end of the day. Soooooooooo at 5:30pm I got a phone call saying "Mrs. Bryan I am calling to offer you the job." Hallelujah I got the job!! Of course I took it. I am not sure when I start, they have to do all the paperwork junk, but I am very pleased.

The job is with the York City Council Family Learning Center. Basically I will be an admin support type role and help keep the office organized and running. I think it is right up my alley. Thanks for all your prayers. God really answers prayers in mysterious ways sometime huh? Anyway I was feeling kind of depressed earlier in the week so Chris bought me a new suit for my interview. Don't I look cute?














So the weather here is so weird. I think it is warmer here than in PA. We have had nothing but sunny warm days for the past week and a half. Of course after I told Michele that it is never sunny here we get like 4 days in a row :) Oh well, I think it is getting a bit colder now. On Sunday it started raining halfway to church (we were cycling of course) and we were soaked by the time we got there. After church this really nice lady invited us to her house to wait out the rain. We had nice conversation and she told us to "come round" for tea whenever we wanted. We have been blessed by nice people. So by the time we left her house it was sunny and beautiful and you would have never known it rained.

Ever since we got here, I have been looking for iced tea. I really miss my mother-in-law's home made tea :) Apparently England doesn't have Iced Tea. No restaurants have it on the menu, I can't find it at grocery stores or in gas stations. It is so bizarre. Last week Chris and I were having lunch in a cute tea room and they had iced tea on the menu. So I ordered it. I took a picture of it because I was totaly baffled at what I got......


I don't know if you can tell what it is, but it is a cardboard container of tea. They didn't serve it with ice and the container wasn't even that cold! It was really weird. Have any of you seen anything like this before?

I don't think I have anything else to say right now, so thanks for reading and talk to you soon

Melissa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, guys!
Congrats on the job!! Thats an improvement from the earlier email.

The "boys" are here as I write! They say hello. Russell is sooooo sweet and Marco is always up to no good!!

Anyway--we all miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
It sounds great.

Can't wait to hear what you've done, Chris.

Anonymous said...

Melissa as you can see I finally got into your Blog. Congratulations on your new job. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine. I love your comments. And I'll be back to say hello soon. All is well here. Miss you. Bobette