27 November, 2005

Scattered thoughts...

Hey everyone! The post is a little late today, because the movie "Kundun" was playing on the "tele." It's a Scorcese film, one of my favorites... yes Filo, even with the Phillip Glass soundtrack ;) The story of the Dalai Lama is very interesting. If anyone's seen it, feel free to leave your reaction.

So, I have lots of things I could talk about and I plan to talk about, but it seemed like people liked the pictures last week, and I got some more cool ones when we had a lot of fog, so I'll stick with that for now. I hope you enjoy them.

The weather here is so crazy, I think because of high-speed winds in the upper atmosphere. The other morning it was sunny and we had the window open, when all of a sudden we heard a strange noise; looking outside, we saw it was hailing! Ten minutes later it was back to sunny again. We're still waiting for snow...

Ann heard that Thanksgiving was this week, and suggested we have a big turkey dinner together. Unfortunately, she didn't come home as early as she expected, and so it was too late to cook a whole bird. But she did have some turkey pieces, and we made mashed potatoes and stuffing and squash, so it was a good meal. Ann insulted my "mass catering" skills, but I'm over that now... besides my hurt ego, it was nice.

Melissa starts her job tomorrow! She's very nervous. Maybe she'll give you an update after the first few days.

I have to go for now, we're making an apple crumble! Yum. Enjoy the pictures, keep commenting (there's been some good discussion, so keep reading the comments too). It's good to know I have an audience to write home to at the end of every week. So, Thanks!

No comments: