31 October, 2005

Better Late than Never...

Hello everyone,

I apologize to anyone who was expecting the usual Sunday afternoon post. The reason for the delay was a coincidence of several different events, which I will detail for you. (Is "detail" a verb??)

One was my computer dieing. Again. It might have been a result of my previous experience with 240v sockets, I don't know. But the good news is, I'm up-and-running again.

The second event/excuse was that Melissa thought she might be posting to say that she had a job. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. We do still have a couple leads, which I won't say anything more about, for fear of making too much of something that hasn't materialized yet. She'll be posting if something does work out, so be listening!

I have more interesting topics for posts, but it's coming up on midnight here, so I'll save them for a better time. Stay tuned for more info on the wacky weather, a praise of my theological hero, Bishop Tom Wright, some audio samples of what I've been up to, and of course, updates of Melissa's job. But for now, Goodnight.


p.s. Regarding Erin's question, the box in the shower controls water temperature. British bathrooms are weird. For instance, they insist on having pull-cords instead of light switches. Switches are fine everywhere else, why not in the bathroom?? Anyway, there is a switch on the box that says "power," but it doesn't seem to do anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only is detail a verb...but it's a transitive verb. How's that for fancy! Melissa, we hope your job search proves fruitful. And Chris, in response to your response to Erin's question...aren't things with "power" not a good thing to have in the shower with you? Keep safe and keep posting!