08 March, 2006

Breaking news!

Hello everyone,

Melissa and I have settled into our new place and it's very nice, but I can't give you any pictures yet because we have no internet... this is a bad thing. I can bring the camera with me to school, but it's been raining the past few days, and I've been pretty busy.

But I couldn't wait that long to let you know that I've been given a place in the PhD program at York! So it seems pretty settled that Melissa and I will be here for a while. We're very excited.

By the way, if you want to look at the department where I'm studying, there are pictures and info here.

The other result of this news is that Melissa will be looking to upgrade to full-time work in a few months, and I'm looking for a part-time job.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I'm able...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say, I am saddened that we won't be seeing you for awhile. But then, that means there's a better chance for Aunt Cathy and I to go and visit - in a year after I'm better. Keep sending pictures, and don't forget to tour the Dales country. West Burton is a particularly lovely village (at least it was in 1985).

Pax Christi,
Uncle Jim

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Great News. Now I can stay for a year instead of just a month when I visit. Congrats Chris. Good Job. Melissa your quilt is beautiful.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Sorry, nameless post was from me... yeah I'm really with it this week ;)

Erin

Anonymous said...

Ok,
This is what I thought I posted without a name. Aparently it didn't post even though I thought it did. At any rate...

Congratulations, Chris. I'm really excited that you're going to have the opportunity to continue your studies. Melissa, your quilt looks great. So what's next? I assume your job is going well since you're moving to a full time. But I would love to hear some details :) Have a good week.

Erin

Anonymous said...

Wow... the PhD program! my sincerest congratulations, Chris!
-richard (johnson)