12 February, 2006

Touristing continued...

Is "touristing" a word? Anyway...

Life has been really busy of late, and we have some announcements!

My mother and brother were here visiting last week, which is my excuse for not posting before now. We had a great time showing them around. Andrew bought a sword and took it back with him! I'll just pretend I don't see the bloke with his arm around my wife.




It also gave us a great excuse to hit some pubs...



and even spy on a devil!



Also, we're very excited that Melissa has a new bike!



It's a combined birthday present from both of our parents and myself. Her old one was pretty beat, and this one is shiny new! Hopefully we can keep it that way for a while...


We have some nice pictures of York that haven't found their way into a post yet...




And last (but certainly not least)... we're moving! The place where we're living now has been great, especially because our landlord, Ann, has been more than willing to help us in many ways. However, it's about 5 miles to York and the University, which is a lot on a bicycle every day. Our new place will be a lot closer, but also significantly more expensive. You can pray for us that our finances will work out ok.

Next week I'll share a bit about a concert I just played in with the York gamelan ensemble (the gamelan is a collection of instruments from Indonesia). And in a few weeks I should be able to announce our future plans with regard to my continuing studies.

Until then, take care,

-Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice bike, Melissa. I'll be praying for you guys while your moving again, keep on posting and let us know how it goes.
Andrew has had an awesome time telling us about all the stuff he did with you guys. I'm headed over there today and we're planning to crack that bottle of yellow frothy goodness.