02 December, 2006

Week 24 update

Hello everyone

Sorry we have been lax about posting, but we always seem to be busy. This is Melissa, by the way, in case you can't tell from the writing style.

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and doing very well. I saw the midwife on Monday and we heard the baby's heart beat again. I told her that I have been tired lately and she thinks my iron levels could be low. They don't officially check the levels until 28 weeks, so I am supposed to eat lots of leafy green veg and red meat and eggs and apricots and drink OJ because the Vitamin C helps your body process the iron. Hopefully I can get the levels up so I won't need to take tablets. Besides that I feel good, the baby is always kicking and Chris can feel it. He gets excited when he feels it. :) I am still walking about a mile a day to and from work which is keeping me healthy. I have attached a couple pictures so you can see how huge I am.

Chris' parents were here visiting for a week. They really tired us out, we are still recovering and both are fighting off colds. :( We are resting this weekend and hopefully next week we'll be back to normal again. We had a nice time and it was great to see them.

We showed them around York and did lots of shopping and eating traditional British foods e.g. fish n chips, Indian (seems weird but Brits love to eat it), mince pies and mulled wine, tea with milk, fruit cake with cheese(really yummy even though it sounds weird), tea room fayre, sausage and mash. We also did some pub hopping.

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. Chris and I got a fresh organic free range turkey from a farm just outside of York. You have to order it ahead of time so they can make sure they will have one big enough, but when we went to pick it up, someone had taken it the day before by accident! So they apologised and then told us they would kill one and deliver it our house. When it got here it was still warm......that is fresh for you! It was delicious. I have to give credit to my friend Sue who showed Chris how to cook a really nice turkey.

The weather has been pretty mild and I think the rainy season is almost over. We did a riverboat tour up the Ouse River which was nice and I learned some new facts about York.

On another note Chris got a new laptop for Christmas. Of course he had to open it early :) He is very excited about it and has been working more at the University which is good. This gives him more of an opportunity to liaise with other students and keeps him in-the-know about different things on campus. He is very happy with his laptop and so I have to attach a picture of it. I told him that people wouldn't care ;)

I think that is it. I hope you enjoy the pics.


Melissa









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi All,
Melissa you look so cute!!!!!
Mom

Brad & Renee said...

Thank you for the update! It is very good to hear that you are doing well. Have a good holiday season.

-Brad

PS - Nice laptop!!

Andrew said...

wow......getting big......reall big. heh, lovin you guys from montana